The latest release of the Geocortex Viewer for HTML5 features functional enhancements and usability improvements to support mobile use cases and workflows. This release includes:
- A more user-friendly interface for configuring viewers in Geocortex Essentials Manager, including an “instant preview” function for smartphones and tablets
- Full support for viewing non-spatial data configured with data links
- Programmatic commands that support feature highlighting and markup
- Dozens of user experience enhancements
- New, more efficient offline and synchronization processes:
- Easily provision an application for offline use
- Launch the viewer when offline or online
- A suite of feature editing tools that work online or offline
- Complete back-office synchronization of data
Please note that the use of tiled basemaps or native device capabilities will require the deployment of a native (i.e., device-specific) application. In the coming months, Latitude Geographics will release the Geocortex App to Apple’s App Store and Google Play, which will enable the Geocortex Viewer for HTML5 to work with larger locally stored basemaps and integrate with device hardware such as a camera.
The Geocortex Viewer for HTML5 1.2 provides a further enriched foundation for Latitude Geographics to accelerate the release of new functionality moving forward; expect numerous feature additions in the months to come.
Please consult the release notes for more detailed information regarding this release. The release may be downloaded by Geocortex licensees with an active maintenance agreement from the Geocortex Support Center. Video recordings describing new features will be available for viewing in the Geocortex Support Center by the end of February. If your account is handled by an authorized Geocortex Reseller, please contact your local representative for access to installers and documentation.